Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pick a lane, Mr Gingrich

Newt in 1986 (in Aliens)
A more recent pic of Mr Gingrich
My brother told me about this. I did a quick search to see Gingrich's direct quote. This is what I found from Politico:
 "I have two grandchildren — Maggie is 11, Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."   Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/52023.html#ixzz1I1bwUSQH

We will be in a 'secular atheist' country, dominated by 'radical Islamists"???

Newt in 2020 with thanks to the great M Emmet Walsh
As usual, Gingrich says whatever he wants without being held to any standard as far as boundaries, logic, or judgement. Sadly, he still gets an audience, ofttimes receptive. There is a segment of the country who will listen to any bloviation as long as it is a not-so-stealth attack directed at President Obama, in sync with an entire fictional narrative created by like-minded Obama haters.

No comments: