Friday, March 4, 2011

Hall Pass..review of a movie I haven't seen

This is a review of a film that I haven't seen. The movie is called "Hall Pass'. It comes out today. Don't worry, I can't do a "spoiler alert" because I haven't seen the movie but I hardly think this bit of cinematic manure could be spoiled. We have here Owen Wilson, walking around in what appears to be a bowling shirt. So now the bowling shirt has become the uniform of evil, the symbol of living without a sexual moral compass, all because of Charlie Sheen and his "bi-winning" ways. What did bowlers ever do to deserve this? You make a shirt for yourself and some perverted creeps have to come along and co-opt it. I did see the clip of the groups of friend who get the "Hall Pass' sitting at the table at Apple Bees. In my day, it would have been mandatory for John Lovitz to be among that group. Where has the time gone? Anyway, at the end of the film the guys realize that they don't need no Hall Pass because they really just love their wives. It's only a guess. What kind of wives would even do this Hall Pass thing? The kind who grew up in the Bundy household, that's who. Yep, one of the wives is about-to-hit-the-wall Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate). If you grew up in that family, you'd have no morals either. For this film I give a big "Pass".

No comments: