Thursday, December 15, 2011

Movie Review: Hugo

On a Tuesday afternoon, I decided to take in the film “Hugo”, a 3-D extravaganza directed by none other than Martin Scorsese. I purchased my ticket and was handed the 3-D glasses. I purchased a soda and walked toward “theater 9”. All of a sudden, I became dizzy and the entire lobby became some kind of surrealistic blur. I stumbled disorientated down the hall, having to resort to bracing myself against the wall to guide myself along. Confused, and yes, a little frightened, I stopped and stood motionless, not being able to navigate my way any further. Finally, a girl working at the theater approached me to tell me the 3-D glasses don’t go on until you’re seated in your theater. While it was quite an experience, for all the stress this caused, I can’t possibly recommend “Hugo”.

No comments: