Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Philosophical Approach to the NFL Draft? Could be...

Jean Paul Sartre was an intense football fan. He loved the NFL. He mentored draft guru Mel Kiper. Here is his strategy on running an NFL draft::



"The NFL Draft? You seriously are asking me about the NFL draft. If I were an NFL general manager, I would pursue one strategy. I would trade down my first, second, and third round draft choices for additional choices in the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh rounds. Then, I would take those draft picks, and trade them for 'players-to-be-named later' and 'supplemental' draft choices. I would sell off those choices for the Dreyfus Affair, the Gutenberg Press, and for finding out the meaning of this cup of coffee. The ideal draft would be if the Commissioner would go to the podium to announce that my team had no draft choices at all for this year and for the foreseeable future. Now, leave me. No existentialism for you!"

No comments: